Super easy and budget friendly, this Garlic Spaghetti is a great weeknight meal that can be made from pantry staples. Serve it up with a side of bread and vegetables and dinner is done!
- 9 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups (16 oz) crushed tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound spaghetti noodles
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- Grated parmesan cheese, for serving
- Mince the garlic. Heat the olive oil in a deep skillet over low heat, then add the garlic.
- Cook, stirring often, keeping the temperature very low. Cook for 15-20 minutes, being careful to not burn the garlic.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt generously.
- Stir in the butter until melted, then add the crushed tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper, then cook on medium-low heat for about 10 minutes to let the flavors meld together.
- When the water is boiling, add the spaghetti noodles and cook until al dente. Drain.
- Once the sauce has been cooking for 10 minutes, stir in the basil. Add the drained noodles and toss to coat the pasta.
- Serve topped with parmesan cheese.
adapted from $10 Dinners
The recipe calls for 2 cups of crushed tomatoes, but most cans of crushed tomatoes are 28 ounces, so you won’t use the whole can. You can also substitute a 15 oz can of diced tomatoes if you don’t want the leftover crushed tomatoes.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should be used as a general guide. Nutrition counts do not include the parmesan cheese for serving.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 745
- Sugar: 10 g
- Sodium: 114 mg
- Fat: 32 g
- Saturated Fat: 10 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 18 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 100 g
- Fiber: 10 g
- Protein: 18 g
- Cholesterol: 30 mg
Keywords: garlic spaghetti, garlic pasta, pasta recipe