Think cheese pizza is boring? Try changing it up with the more sophisticated White Pizza recipe. An herb and garlic infused olive oil is spread on a pizza crust that is topped with three cheeses for a delicious, cheesy pizza.
- 1 lb pizza dough*
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Crushed red pepper
- Place a pizza stone in the oven**. Preheat the oven to 450º-500ºF for at least 30 minutes.
- Lightly flour a piece of parchment paper and flatten the pizza dough into a large circle, about 14” in diameter.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, rosemary and olive oil. Brush the olive oil mixture over the crust.
- Dollop the ricotta evenly over the crust and gently spread it out. Sprinkle on the mozzarella and the parmesan cheeses. Sprinkle crushed red pepper over the top – you only need a little bit – less than half a teaspoon, depending on how much heat you want.
- Bake the pizza in the preheated oven until the edges are browned and the cheese is melted, about 10-12 minutes.
- Cut into slices and serve.
*I like a thinner pizza so I don’t use the full pound of pizza dough.
**If you aren’t using a pizza stone, you don’t have to preheat the oven as long.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 276
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 382 mg
- Fat: 13 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 28 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 11 g
- Cholesterol: 25 mg
Keywords: white pizza, white pizza recipe