This Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta is made easy by using precooked, shredded chicken. A garlic parmesan sauce coats the chicken and homestyle noodles in this fast and comforting casserole.
- 1 lb dry homestyle noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 8 oz shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt the 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Gradually stir in the milk and cream, then cook until it gets thick and bubbly. Stir in the chicken, peas, and half of the Parmesan. Stir in the noodles, then set aside.
- Tear the bread into pieces and place in a blender or food processor. Pulse until coarse crumbs form. Pour the crumbs into a bowl, then add the remaining Parmesan and the melted butter. Toss to combine.
- Divide the chicken and noodle mixture between 8 16-oz ramekins, or pour into a large casserole dish. Sprinkle with the breadcrumb topping. Bake until the topping starts to brown, about 10 minutes.