Restaurant quality at home – these Garlic Paprika Instant Pot Chicken Thighs make even a weeknight special! Seasoned boneless chicken thighs are served in a delicious cream sauce – perfect for a date night in!
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Season both sides of the chicken thighs with the smoked paprika, salt and pepper.
- Press sauté on the Instant Pot and melt 2 tablespoons of the butter. Working in batches, place the chicken thighs in the Instant Pot and cook until browned on both sides, about 3 minutes each side. Remove to a plate.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter and let it melt. Add the garlic and stir until fragrant, about 30-45 seconds. Stir in the chicken broth.
- Add the chicken back into the Instant Pot. Place the lid on the pot and lock. Select high pressure for 7 minutes.
- Once the timer goes off, allow a natural release for 3 minutes, then quick release. Remove the chicken thighs from the pot with a slotted spoon.
- Press sauté on the instant pot. Take 2 tablespoons of the heavy cream and whisk it with the cornstarch in a small bowl. Whisk the remaining cream into the Instant Pot, followed by the cornstarch mixture. Cook, whisking often, until it has lightly thickened. Stir in the Parmesan cheese until melted, then stir in the spinach and allow it to cook until wilted. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Turn off the Instant Pot and add the chicken back into the mixture, allowing the sauce to coat the chicken.
- Serve the chicken thighs on top of pasta, if desired. Sprinkle the chicken with parsley before serving.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
- Calories: 674
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 1723 mg
- Fat: 42 g
- Saturated Fat: 23 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 11 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 65 g
- Cholesterol: 292 mg