Finished in 30 minutes, this easy Garlic and Herb Skillet Chicken has tons of flavor with very little effort. And the cleanup is easy, too!
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 6)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary*
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme*
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with the salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned, then flip and cook the second side until browned. Remove the skillet from the heat and transfer the chicken from the skillet to a plate.
- Add the garlic and 2 tablespoons of chicken stock to the skillet. Return the skillet to the heat and cook, stirring, until the liquid has almost evaporated, 1-2 minutes. Stir in the remaining 1 cup of chicken stock, the rosemary and the thyme. Add the chicken back to the pan in a single layer. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, until the chicken is cooked through and reads 170º on an instant read thermometer, about 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle the chicken with chives before serving.
*you can substitute the fresh rosemary for 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, and the fresh thyme for 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
Recipe source: Taste of Home Healthy Cooking 2016 Annual Recipes