Start your morning off with a patriotic breakfast – pancakes topped with jam, strawberries and blueberries.
- 2 cups Original Bisquick® mix
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup strawberry jam
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- Prepare the pancakes as directed on the box.
- Spread jam on top of each pancake. Starting at the outside of the pancake, place the strawberries in 2 circles around the pancakes. Place some of the blueberries in the center of the pancake. Serve warm or cold.
Replace one row of the strawberries with sliced bananas for more of a red, white and blue design.
If your fruit is really sweet, you might want to substitute the jam with softened cream cheese.