**This post is sponsored by Bisquick. All opinions are my own.**
What? It’s only a few days until the 4th of July and I’m just now posting a patriotic recipe?
Yeah, I know. I feel like I’m totally off my game this year. But I brought you pancakes. That has to account for something, right?
And not just any pancakes. Fruity Firework Pancakes. My kids love pancakes. (I know I’ve mentioned it here 165,983 times…) And my daughter – well, if she could get away with just eating strawberries and nothing else, she’d probably be pretty happy. (Well, strawberries and donuts. She is her mother’s daughter, after all.) So I figured, I might as well find a fun, patriotic way to serve my kids pancakes!!
I’m all about saturating every minute of every holiday with holiday-themed food. So of course, you’ve got to have a way to serve a patriotic breakfast! And the great part about these pancakes – they are actually good for you. And I’m guessing no one is going to complain about having a fun firework on their plate.
- 2 cups Original Bisquick® mix
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup strawberry jam
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- 1½ cups fresh blueberries
- Prepare the pancakes as directed on the box.
- Spread jam on top of each pancake. Starting at the outside of the pancake, place the strawberries in 2 circles around the pancakes. Place some of the blueberries in the center of the pancake. Serve warm or cold.
If your fruit is really sweet, you might want to substitute the jam with softened cream cheese.
More Red, White and Blue