Perfect for a party, this Fruit Freeze is easy to make ahead and is a special treat for a crowd.
- 2 cans (15 oz each) grapefruit segments, undrained
- 2 cans (15 oz each) citrus salad*, undrained
- 1 can (15 oz) mandarin oranges, undrained
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 jar (10 oz) maraschino cherries, unstemmed, undrained
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 cans (20 oz each) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 liters lemon-lime soda
- 1 pint lemon sorbet
- Working in batches if needed, combine the cans of grapefruit, citrus salad, oranges and sugar in a blender and blend for 30 seconds to combine.
- Roughly chop the cherries and add the cherries and the juice to the mixture along with the lemon juice.
- Spread the pineapple into the bottoms of two 9×13-inch baking dishes. Pour half of the pureed mixture into each of the dishes. Stir lightly to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer until frozen.
- When ready to serve, chop the frozen mixture and place in punch cups. Top with lemon lime soda and a small scoop of lemon sorbet.
Total time doesn’t include freezing time.
*Citrus Salad (sold under the Del Monte brand) is a mixture of white grapefruit, red grapefruit and oranges. You can sub in more grapefruit or more oranges, if desired.
adapted from Lion House Classics