An Asian take on green beans, this Fresh Green Bean Salad with Asian Dressing is full of Asian flavors and great texture from the Soy-Glazed Cashews.
- 2 lbs fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2/3 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Fill a large bowl with ice water.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and bring the water back to a boil. Cook the beans until cooked but still bright green, 3-5 minutes. Drain and add to the water bath to stop the cooking. Drain the beans well. Dab with paper towels to dry slightly.
- Toast the cashews in a small skillet. Once toasted, turn the heat up to medium-high and add the soy sauce. Toss to coat and cook until the liquid has evaporated – this should happen fairly quickly, about 30 seconds. Remove from the heat and allow to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the rice vinegar, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, and sugar. Add the green beans to the dressing and stir to coat. Serve topped with the cilantro, green onions and soy glazed cashews.
adapted from A Veggie Adventure
Keywords: Fresh Green Bean Salad, Asian Green Bean Salad