Fresh Corn Salad – an easy salad with fresh corn, red onion, a simple dressing and basil.
- 5 ears of corn, shucked
- 1/2 cup small-diced red onion (1 small onion)
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup julienned fresh basil leaves
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the corn and cook for about 3 minutes. Immediately place in an ice-bath to stop the cooking.
- When cool, cut the kernels off of the cobs.
- In a large bowl, combine the red onion, cider vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Add in the corn and the basil. Serve at room temperature or cold.