A great use of leftover ham, this French Bread Hawaiian Pizza has ham, bacon, pineapple and lots of cheese, all baked on top of a loaf of French Bread.
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup bbq sauce
- 1 loaf (1 lb) French bread
- 8 oz (1/2 lb) diced ham
- 8 oz bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 6 oz (1 cup) pineapple tidbits
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese
- 1 oz parmesan cheese
- fresh cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil for easy clean up.
- In a small bowl, combine the pizza sauce and bbq sauce. Set aside.
- Cut the French bread in half lengthwise. With your hands, pull out some of the bread from the center of the bread to form a bowl. (You can discard the bread pieces, eat them while you prepare dinner, feed them to your kids to keep them busy, or save them to make fresh breadcrumbs.) Place the bread, cut side up, on the baking sheet. Bake in the oven until lightly toasted, 3-5 minutes.
- Spread half of the pizza sauce mixture on the insides of each half of bread.
- Layer the ham, bacon and pineapple evenly over the top of the bread. Top with the mozzarella, and then the parmesan.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and the mixture is heated through, about 10 minutes. Top with fresh cilantro and cut into slices.