A true crowd pleasing appetizer, this Feta, Pesto and Tomato Bruschetta is a tasty appetizer that can be served year round. Perfect as a starter or as a holiday party appetizer.
- 4 oz feta cheese ((in a block, not pre-crumbled))
- 1 1/2 oz whipped cream cheese
- 1 small clove garlic (minced)
- salt and pepper
- 1 baguette
- extra virgin olive oil
- 5 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1 14.5 oz can Hunt’s Diced Tomatoes, drained
- balsamic glaze
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF.
- Crumble the feta into a food processor and pulse a few times to break it up. Add the cream cheese and garlic and puree for several minutes, until the mixture is creamy and smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cut the baguette into 28-30 slices. Place on a baking sheet in a single layer and drizzle lightly with olive oil. Place in the oven until the bread is lightly toasted, 4-5 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- To prepare, top each slice of bread with some of the whipped feta. Spread about 1/2 teaspoon of the pesto over the feta. Top with some of the diced tomatoes.
- When ready to serve, drizzle the balsamic glaze over the top of the bruschetta. Serve immediately.