Bored of your normal beans and rice? This Enchilada Rice will make your tastebuds happy!
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 can (10 oz) mild Old El Paso™ enchilada sauce
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ Chopped Green Chiles
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and saute until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the water into the pan. Bring to a boil. Add the rice, stir, then cover the pan and reduce the heat to a simmer. Let the rice cook for 15 to 18 minutes, until the rice is tender. Turn off the heat and allow it to sit for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
- Pour the enchilada sauce into the rice, followed by the green chiles and the cilantro. Stir to combine.