Leftover shredded beef? Turn it into these Enchilada Beef Sliders. Savory, a little bit sweet and a little bit spicy, they are sure to be a crowd pleaser!
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (10 oz) Old El Paso Mild Enchilada Sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried onion
- 1 lb. cooked, shredded beef
- 1 12-count package rolls, cut in half
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 6 oz sliced Provolone cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, 4 tablespoons of the enchilada sauce, the brown sugar and the dried onion. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the shredded beef with the remaining enchilada sauce.
- Place the bottoms of the rolls in the prepared baking dish, with all of the rolls touching. Spread the beef over the top of the rolls. Sprinkle the cilantro over the beef, then layer the cheese on top. Add the tops of the buns. Pour the butter evenly over the tops of the buns.
- Bake, uncovered, in the oven for 25 minutes, or until the tops are toasted and browned.
- Serve immediately.
These are best eaten right away, as they will get soggy as they sit.