Perfect for holiday entertaining and beyond, this Egg and Pepper Crostini Recipe is a cinch to put together and full of flavor. It will be the unexpected hit!
- 1 (12-inch) baguette
- olive oil
- 6 eggs
- 1 package (5.2 oz) Gournay garlic and herb soft cheese (such as Boursin)
- 1 roasted red pepper, patted dry with a paper towel and cut into small strips
- chopped dill and chives
- Place the eggs in a saucepan and cover with water. Place on the stove over high heat and bring to a boil. Once the water starts to boil, put a lid on the pan and turn the heat off. Let the eggs sit for 12 minutes, then drain. Fill the pan with cold water and ice and allow the eggs to sit until they are completely cold.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Cut the baguette into 24 1/2” slices. Place the slices on a baking sheet and brush with olive oil. Bake until they are golden, about 7 minutes.
- When the eggs are cold, carefully peel them. Cut each egg into 4 slices.
- To make the crostini, spread some of the cheese on each slice of baguette. Top with a boiled egg slice then season with salt and pepper. Top with a slice or two of bell pepper, then sprinkle with chopped herbs.
prep time includes cooling time