This easy Dinner Roll Recipe is perfect for a weeknight, but good enough for a holiday! Soft and tender, you won’t be able to stop with one!
- 2 – 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons instant dry yeast (1 pkg)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine 1 cup of the flour, the sugar, yeast, salt and water.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter and add that to the mixer bowl. Mix everything until combined and smooth.
- Continue to add in flour until the dough is tacky, but not sticky, and starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl and cover. Allow to double in size, about 45 minutes.
- Spray a 9-inch pie dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Punch down the dough, then divide into 12 equal portions. Form each of the portions into a roll and place in the prepared dish, 9 around the outside and 3 in the middle.
- Cover and allow to rise until doubled again, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Uncover the rolls and bake until the tops are golden, about 14-15 minutes.
- Remove the rolls from the oven and brush the remaining tablespoon of butter over the tops of the rolls.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
- Serving Size: 1 roll
- Calories: 121
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 97 mg
- Fat: 3 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 19 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 8 mg
Keywords: Dinner roll recipe, dinner rolls, easy rolls, easy dinner rolls