If you are looking for an easy dinner that is a crowd pleaser, look no further than this 30 Minute Cheesesteak Recipe. By using deli roast beef, this recipe comes together in a snap!
- 8 oz Queso Blanco Velveeta
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 sub rolls, split in half
- 2 pounds thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 1 yellow onion, cut in half and then into half-moon strips
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into half-moon strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into half-moon strips
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into half-moon strips
- Combine the Velveeta, black pepper, cayenne pepper and milk in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the cheese is melted and smooth. Set aside and keep warm.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter on a griddle and toast the buns, cut side down, until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the roast beef and stir it around, breaking it up with a spoon, quickly warming it. (Note – I used a nonstick skillet, so I didn’t want to be rough enough to break the roast beef up. So after heating, I transferred it to a cutting board and roughly chopped it.) Remove the roast beef to a plate and set it aside.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter to the same pan and return it to medium-high heat. Add the onion and the peppers and cook, stirring often, until the peppers are soft, about 10 minutes.
- To assemble, layer some of the roast beef on the bottom half of the rolls. Spoon some of the cheese sauce over the top. Top that with some of the peppers and onion, and add a little bit more of the sauce.
- Serve immediately.
*These actually save well when wrapped in foil, then reheated in the foil in the oven.
very slightly adapted from The Pioneer Woman Cooks Dinnertime
Keywords: cheesesteak recipe, cheesesteak sandwich