Forget the tasteless, store-bought marshmallow eggs. These homemade marshmallow truffles are sure to be a hit with everyone!
- 1 7-ounce jar marshmallow creme
- 6 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- dash of salt
- 3 cups powdered sugar
For the coating:
- 8 ounces chocolate
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- assorted sprinkles, if desired
- In the bowl of a mixer, combine the marshmallow creme, butter, vanilla and salt. Mix until creamy. Gradually add the powdered sugar, mixing until smooth. Refrigerate for an hour.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or waxed paper. Use a small scoop to make small balls out of the marshmallow mixture. Form each ball into an egg shape. Freeze for about 15 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate with the shortening. Dip the marshmallow eggs into the chocolate and place back onto the lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with topping, if desired. Refrigerate until the chocolate is set.