Filled with melted butterscotch, chocolate chips and marshmallows, these Marshmallow Butterscotch Blondies are the perfect way to satisfy a sweet tooth. The marshmallow melt into the blondies, creating the most perfect, chewy bars.
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Spray a 9-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the butterscotch chips with the butter. Microwave on high in 15 second intervals, stirring occasionally, until melted and smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir the brown sugar, eggs and vanilla together. Mix in the melted butterscotch chip mixture.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt and stir until combined. The batter will stiffen up the longer it sits as the butter sets back up, so make sure not to wait too long.
- Stir in the marshmallow and chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared baking dish and press evenly into the pan.*
- Bake the blondies until they are golden brown and set up along the edges, about 20 minutes.
- Cool, then cut into squares.
*This is a very thick batter/dough, so I like to get my fingertips wet and press it down evenly. It will stick if your hands aren’t wet enough, so you may need to wet them a couple of times.
very slightly adapted from allrecipes.com
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 258
- Sugar: 24 g
- Sodium: 138 mg
- Fat: 13 g
- Saturated Fat: 9 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 33 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 34 mg
Keywords: butterscotch blondies