A simple classic, these Caramel Brownies are a gooey, delicious way to make brownies from a cake mix. They only take a few ingredients and everyone loves them!
- 1 German chocolate cake mix (15.25 oz)*
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 16 ounces caramels, unwrapped
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups (12 oz) chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the cake mix, 1/2 cup evaporated milk, eggs and butter and mix well. Press two-thirds of the mix into the bottom of the prepared pan. The batter is thick and sticky, so you may need to gently press it in evenly with a spatula sprayed with cooking spray or with wet hands.
- Bake the layer for 8 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Meanwhile, melt the caramels with the 1/3 cup evaporated milk in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Gently spread the caramel mixture over the partially baked layer. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the caramel. Drop spoonfuls of the remaining batter over the caramel layer.
- Return the dish to the oven and continue to bake for 20 minutes, or until the brownie is set.
- Let the brownies cool before slicing.
*I know that cake mixes tend to change weights from time to time, but I have found that a basic 2 layer cake mix should work on these brownies, even if it’s not the exact weight.
Slightly adapted from Da Cajn Critter
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 333
- Sugar: 36 g
- Sodium: 328 mg
- Fat: 14 g
- Saturated Fat: 8 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 48 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 34 mg