This Curried Coconut Chicken is an easy chicken curry made with tomatoes and coconut milk.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper, or to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- rice for serving
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the curry powder and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the onions and cook until they start to soften, 2-3 minutes. Add in the garlic and cook for 1 minute. add the chicken and stir to coat with the curry oil. Reduce the heat to medium and cook until the chicken is cooked through, 7-10 minutes.
- Pour in the coconut milk, tomatoes, tomato sauce and sugar. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30-45 minutes.
adapted from allrecipes.com