This Curried Butternut Squash Soup is an easy soup recipe with a kick of curry. Adjust the amount of curry powder depending on your spice preference.
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
- salt and pepper
- In a large soup pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent. Add the garlic and cook another 30-60 seconds.
- Add the butternut squash, stock, and curry powder. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to a simmer. Cook until the squash is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the honey.
- Use an immersion blender or a blender to blend the soup until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
adapted from Ellie Krieger
Add more curry powder for more of a kick. The brand of curry powder will also alter the spice level.