A great way to clear out the vegetable bin in your refrigerator, this Crostada with Oven Roasted Vegetables is a filling vegetarian recipe that is packed with flavor.
- 5 cups vegetables (make sure they are all cut into similar sizes)*
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1 pie crust
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF. Toss the vegetables in a large bowl with the garlic, oil, salt and pepper. Arrange the vegetables in a single layer on a large baking sheet and roast, uncovered, for 20 minutes, or until tender and lightly browned. Cool for about 15 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 425ºF.
- Combine the egg, cream and thyme in a small bowl and beat to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll the pie crust out in the center into a 10-12” circle. Spoon the roasted vegetables into the center of the crust, leaving a 1 1/2-inch border around the edges. Fold the edges over the crust, leaving the center exposed, pleating the crust and pressing it gently to seal. Carefully pour the egg and cream mixture in the center, then sprinkle with the blue cheese.
- Bake until the crust is browned and the cheese is melting, 20-30 minutes. Let the crostada sit for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
*I used a mixture of thinly sliced red potatoes, carrots, cauliflower and red bell pepper.
adapted from The Big Book of One-Pot Dinners