This Crispy Baked Salmon is super easy and can be on your table in less than 30 minutes. Topped with an easy homemade tartar sauce, this salmon can’t be beat!
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pickles
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon capers, drained and finely chopped
- 4 salmon filets (4-6 oz each)
- salt and pepper
- 2 egg whites
- 3/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons old bay seasoning
Make the tartar sauce:
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
Make the fish:
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Place a cooling rack on a baking sheet and spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Rinse the fish and pat it dry. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place the egg whites in a shallow dish and lightly whisk. Place the breadcrumbs, parsley and old bay seasoning in a second shallow dish and stir to combine.
- Dip the fish into the egg whites, then in the breadcrumbs, pressing the crumbs into the fish as needed. Transfer to the cooling rack.
- Place the fish in the preheated oven, then reduce the heat to 375ºF. Bake until the fish flakes easily, about 10 minutes.
- Serve the fish with the tartar sauce.
adapted from Fabulous Fat Free Cooking
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts.
- Serving Size: 1 filet
- Calories: 600
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 1855 mg
- Fat: 45 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 34 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 42 g
- Cholesterol: 103 mg
Keywords: baked salmon