Almost as easy as boxed Mac and cheese, but WAY better, this creamy Mac and cheese has a few secret ingredients that set it apart from other recipes. This is so creamy and delicious, it’s the only Mac and cheese recipe you’ll want!
- 8 oz elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
- 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt generously, then add the macaroni. Cook until al dente, then drain.
- Return the pasta to the pan and set over medium heat. Add the butter and the egg yolk and stir vigorously until it is completely combined and the butter is melted.
- Stir in the evaporated milk, cheese and mustard.
- Stir constantly until the cheese is melted and has formed a creamy sauce.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should be used as a general guideline.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 404
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 540 mg
- Fat: 31 g
- Saturated Fat: 19 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 20 g
- Cholesterol: 140 mg
Keywords: creamy mac and cheese, mac and cheese recipe, easy mac and cheese, homemade mac and cheese recipe