Roasted, pureed butternut squash is the base of this Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta – the perfect, comforting fall dinner.
- 3 cups diced butternut squash (about 2 lbs)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 8 oz diced pancetta
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Place the butternut squash on a large baking sheet and toss with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven until tender and lightly browned, 25-30 minutes. Let cool slightly, then place in a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the spaghetti according to the package directions. Before draining, reserve 1-2 cups of the pasta water.
- Place a large pot or skillet over medium heat and add the diced pancetta. Cook until browned and crispy. Add the pureed squash, cream and garlic and bring to a light simmer. Add the pasta and stir to combine. Add half of the parmesan cheese, and add the pasta water as needed to loosen the pasta and make a creamy sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the pasta topped with the additional Parmesan cheese and top with chopped parsley, if desired.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 950
- Sugar: 11 g
- Sodium: 681 mg
- Fat: 45 g
- Saturated Fat: 21 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 13 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 112 g
- Fiber: 9 g
- Protein: 27 g
- Cholesterol: 113 mg
Keywords: butternut squash pasta