Breakfast meets dinner in this pizza that is topped with creamed spinach and a perfectly cooked baked egg.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2/3 cup cream
- 8 oz fresh spinach
- salt and pepper
- freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 lb pizza dough
- 4 oz grated Mozzarella cheese
- 4 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 475°F. Place a pizza stone in the oven to preheat with the oven. Let it heat for at least 30 minutes.
- In a skillet, melt the butter. Add the flour and whisk in for 1 minute. Slowly add the cream and whisk until slightly thickened. Add the spinach and stir until it is wilted. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and a little bit of freshly grated nutmeg.
- Roll the pizza dough into 4 individual sized pizzas. Divide the creamed spinach between the 4 crusts. Spread to 1/4-inch of the edges. Sprinkle each pizza with some of the Mozzarella. With a pizza peel, transfer the pizzas to the oven. Crack an egg and gently place on top of a pizza, repeating with all 4 eggs and pizzas.
- Cook until the crust is browned, the cheese is melted, and the egg is set but the yolk is still runny, 10-12 minutes.
**note – you may need to bake 2 pizzas at a time, depending on the size of your pizza stone.