A creamy enchilada recipe with shredded chicken, cream cheese and corn.
- 5 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 (16 oz) jar prepared salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced, divided
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
Preheat the oven to 325ºF. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese and sour cream. Stir in 1/2 cup of the salsa, along with 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup of the pepper jack cheese, and the chili powder and cumin. Stir to combine, then add in the chicken, corn, and half of the green onions, stirring one more time.
Spread 1/2 cup of the salsa in the bottom of the prepared dish.
Place about 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture down the center of one of the tortillas. Roll up and place in the baking dish, seam side down. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and filling.
Pour the remaining salsa over the top of the enchiladas. Top with the remaining cheese. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the enchiladas are heated through.
Sprinkle with the remaining green onions and serve.
- Serving Size: 2 enchiladas
- Calories: 830
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 2082 mg
- Fat: 42 g
- Saturated Fat: 22 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 10 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 62 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 42 g
- Cholesterol: 169 mg