Crazy for Coconut Bundt Cake – the most perfect coconut bundt cake recipe that is flavorful and moist with the perfect amount of coconut flavor.
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6 large eggs
- 1 (13 oz) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, sweetened
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease and flour a 12-cup bundt pan.
- Combine the butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat until light and fluffy, 3-5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt.
- With the mixer on low, add in the vanilla and the eggs, one at a time. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, and with the mixer still on low, add in the coconut milk and flour mixture.
- Scrape the bowl again and mix until smooth. Stir in the shredded coconut. Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan.
- Bake the cake until a tester inserted in the middle comes out clean, 55-65 minutes. Cool the cake for 30 minutes, then turn out onto a cooling rack and cool until room temperature.
- To make the glaze, whisk the coconut milk and powdered sugar until smooth. Drizzle the glaze over the cooled cake and immediately garnish with toasted coconut.
recipe from Brilliant Bundt Cakes