Coated in orange sugar and filled with crunchy macadamia nuts and chewy dried cranberries, these Cranberry Orange Cookies will become a holiday staple. They are also perfect for gifting!
- 1 1/3 cups sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest, divided
- 3/4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sweetened, dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/3 cup of the sugar and 1 teaspoon of the orange zest. Use your fingers to rub it together until the orange zest is mixed throughout the sugar. Set aside.
- Combine the remaining 1 cup sugar and the butter in a large bowl. Beat until creamy. Add the egg and beat to combine.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix until combined.
- Add in the dried cranberries and the macadamia nuts. Mix just until combined.
- Using a 1 1/2 tablespoon scoop, shape the dough into balls. Roll in the orange sugar then place on a baking sheet lined with a silpat or parchment paper, at least 2 inches apart. Flatten the cookies slightly with your hand.
- Bake for about 7 minutes, until the cookies are just barely browning around the edges. Do not overbake.
- Cool for 1 minute before removing from the baking sheet to cool completely.
Slightly adapted from Land O Lakes
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 150
- Sugar: 12 g
- Sodium: 66 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 20 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 21 mg
Keywords: cranberry orange cookies