Fresh or frozen corn comes together with crabmeat to give you a delicious and simple soup, made in the slow cooker.
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 32–ounces fresh or frozen corn
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (6-ounce) can lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 cup half-and-half or heavy cream
- 1 avocado, for garnish
- Put the chicken stock, butter, onion, corn, garlic, salt, cayenne pepper and crabmeat in a 4 quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or for 8 hours on low. If you want a thicker soup, pulse a handheld blender a few times or scoop out a cup and blend in a blender or food processor (be careful – it’s hot!) and add back in. Stir in the half-and-half or cream before serving and garnish with avocado.