A good for you dish that tastes amazing, this Cornflake Crusted Halibut with Chile Cilantro Aioli starts with crispy halibut that is served with a flavorful chile cilantro sauce.
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 serrano chile, seeded and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 cups cornflakes, finely crushed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (about 1 ounce)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (6-ounce) halibut fillets
- 4 lemon wedges
- To prepare aioli, combine cilantro, mayonnaise, serrano, and minced garlic, stirring well.
- To prepare fish, combine milk and egg white in a shallow dish, stirring well with a whisk. Combine cornflakes, flour, salt, and black pepper in another shallow dish.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Dip fish in milk mixture, and dredge in cornflake mixture. Add fish to pan, and cook 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
- Serve fish with aioli and lemon wedges.