Creamy on the inside and toasty on the outside, this will end up being your favorite Grilled Cheese Sandwich! You are only minutes away from this elevated childhood favorite.
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 8 slices of bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- In a small, microwave safe bowl, combine the cheese, sour cream, and Dijon mustard. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Microwave the mixture for 30-45 seconds, just until warmed through and melting on the edges. It won’t be melted all the way. Stir to combined.
- Lay the pieces of bread out and spread 1/4 tablespoon of butter on one side of each bread. Turn 4 slices over, and divide the cheese mixture between the 4 slices. Place another slice of bread on top, buttered side out, making 4 sandwiches.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. (This works best if you either do the sandwiches in a skillet with a lid, so either do them one at a time in a smaller skillet, or you can do them all at the same time if you have a skillet that fits them all.)
- Cover the pan with a lid, and cook until the first side is toasted. Gently flip and cook, with the pan covered, until the second is toasted and the cheese is melty.
- Let the sandwich sit for 2-3 minutes before slicing and serving.
adapted from: Modern Classics: Book 1
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should be used as a general guide.
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 367
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 769 mg
- Fat: 17 g
- Saturated Fat: 10 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 41 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 11 g
- Cholesterol: 33 mg
Keywords: grilled cheese sandwich, toasted cheese sandwich, grilled cheese