Way better than a grilled cheese sandwich, this Toasted Cheese Sandwich is filled with a creamy, melty, cheesy filling and 2 slices of buttery toasted bread.
- 1 1/3 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 slices of bread
- Combine the cheese, sour cream, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Spread onto 4 slices of bread, top with 4 more slices, and then spread a little butter over the outsides of the sandwiches.
- Cook in a non-stick skillet over medium heat until golden and crisp.
source: Modern Classics: Book 1