Want a little spice to your deviled eggs? These Spicy Deviled Eggs use pickled jalapeños to bring the perfect amount of heat to this popular appetizer.
- 1 dozen large eggs, hard-cooked and peeled
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2–4 tablespoons pickled jalapeño peppers, minced
- 1 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise and carefully remove the yolks to a bowl.
- To the yolks, add the mayonnaise, jalapeño peppers, mustard and cumin. Mash together until mostly smooth. Season with the salt and pepper.
- Spoon or pipe the egg yolk mixture into the egg halves.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour, or until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, garnish with cilantro, if desired.
slightly adapted from Southern Living Annual Recipes 2007
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should be used as a general guide.
- Serving Size: 2 halves
- Calories: 119
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 171 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Cholesterol: 188 mg
Keywords: spicy deviled eggs