Recipe for Spicy Salmon and Corn Cakes with Mango Tartar Sauce. An easy salmon cake recipe made from canned salmon topped with homemade sweet and salty tartar sauce.
- 1 cup peeled, diced mango (about 1 large mango)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and chopped
- pinch of salt
- One 14.5-ounce can boneless pink salmon, drained
- 1 cup panko
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper – more or less to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil, for frying
- Make the tartar sauce: mix together all the ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Put the salmon in a bowl and break it up with a fork. Add the panko, eggs, parsley, onion, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper and mix to combine. Form the mixture into 12 patties and coat them in the cornmeal.
- Heat 1/4-inch of oil in the bottom of a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place the cakes – 4 to 5 at a time – in the oil and cook until golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Serve immediately with the tartar sauce.
Keywords: salmon cakes