Need a quick hit for dinner tonight? These Chicken Sloppy Joes can be done in 15 minutes flat! Keep cooked, shredded chicken on hand for this easy dinner idea, or use a rotisserie chicken.
- 1 (15-oz) can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- a dash of red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 3 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- 4–6 hamburger buns
- In a large saucepan, combine the tomato sauce, brown sugar, mustard, vinegar, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Stir to combine and place over medium heat until it starts to bubble. Add in the chicken and cook until heated through.
- Serve the chicken on the hamburger buns.
slightly adapted from $5 Dinner Mom