Salmon Sandwiches – salmon filets are sandwiched in a roll with a delicious dill sauce.
For the Fish:
- olive oil
- 2 salmon fillets
- kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground pepper to taste
For the Sauce:
- 1/2 cup good mayonnaise
- 1/8 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped dill
- 3/4 tablespoon chopped scallions, white and green parts
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 capers, drained
For the Sandwiches:
- 2 deli rolls
- spinach leaves
- To prepare the salmon: Preheat the broiler. Rub both sides of the salmon with olive oil, salt and pepper. Broil the fish for 5 minutes on each side, or until almost cooked through. (The fish will continue to cook after you take the salmon out.) Remove and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- To prepare the sauce: Place the mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, basil, dill, scallions, salt and pepper in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Process until combined. Add the capers, pulse two or three times.
- To assemble: Slice the buns in half and toast. Spread 1-2 tablespoons of the sauce on each cut side. Place some spinach on the bottom half, top with a piece of salmon. Place the top of the bun on the salmon.
adapted from Barefoot Contessa Parties!