Simple ingredients come together to make this Roasted Chicken and Vegetables. It’s easy, healthy, and you can substitute vegetables that you have on hand.
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound baby red potatoes, cut in half or in quarters
- 4 cups broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 large carrots, peeled and cut into small rounds
- 1/2 lb Brussels sprouts, cut in half or in quarters
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 6–8 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed (about 3 1/2 lbs)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, Italian seasoning, smoked paprika and pepper.
- Make sure all of the vegetables are roughly the same size, then lay them on a half sheet baking sheet.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the vegetables, then sprinkle half of the seasoning mixture over the vegetables. Using a large spoon or your hands, mix the vegetables, oil and seasoning.
- Nestle the chicken thighs onto the baking sheet with the vegetables. Sprinkle the remaining seasoning mixture over the chicken.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the chicken registers 165º on an instant read thermometer and the vegetables are tender, 35-40 minutes.
- Serve the vegetables with the chicken.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 435
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 566 mg
- Fat: 17 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 16 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 25 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 25 g
- Cholesterol: 117 mg
Keywords: roasted chicken and vegetables