You don’t have to decide between apples and pumpkin – you get them both in this Pumpkin Apple Bread! A tender pumpkin bread is filled with chunks of fresh apples for a quick bread that is moist and tastes like fall.
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned or fresh pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped (about 1 cup)
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF. Line a 9×5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper or spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In another bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, water, eggs and vegetable oil.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Add the apples and gently fold them in.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- Let the bread cool before removing from the pan and slicing to serve.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 235
- Sugar: 27 g
- Sodium: 232 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 40 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 31 mg
Keywords: pumpkin apple bread, apple bread