Super soft, even days after they are made, these Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies are the best way to fill the cookie jar! Adding vanilla pudding mix to the cookies not only gives them great flavor, but keeps them nice and soft and chewy.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Cut the butter into 1-tablespoon sized pieces and place in a microwave safe bowl. Heat the butter in a microwave in 15-30 second intervals until the butter is softened, but not completely melted. You’ll probably have some liquid on the edges but the majority of the butter will still be in pieces. But it will be quite soft.
- In a large bowl, or the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the butter with the brown sugar and granulated sugar. Beat on medium speed until creamed together, 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla and beat just until combined.
- Add in the flour, pudding mix, salt and baking soda. Mix until it all comes together. If the dough is still very soft, you can add in more flour, about 1 tablespoon at a time. It should be easy to handle.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix one more time, just until combined.
- Roll the dough into 2-tablespoon sized balls and place on a baking sheet, at least 2-3 inches apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, or until just set and slightly browned around the edges.
- Cool on the pan for 5 minutes then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should be used as a general guideline.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 189
- Sugar: 17 g
- Sodium: 85 mg
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 26 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 28 mg
Keywords: chocolate chip pudding cookies, pudding cookies, pudding cookies recipe, chocolate chip cookies with pudding mix