This Pork Stir Fry is an easy homemade stir-fry filled with chunks of pork, vegetables, and rice noodles. Top it with crushed peanuts and cilantro for the perfect Asian-inspired dinner.
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons natural rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch, divided
- 1 pound pork roast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 8 oz stir fry rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 cups thinly sliced cabbage
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and thinly sliced
- Chopped peanuts and chopped cilantro, optional
- In a small bowl (or I just use a liquid measuring cup), combine the soy sauce, chicken broth, rice vinegar, sesame oil and sugar. Whisk to combine.
- Transfer 1/4 cup of the sauce to a small bowl. Whisk in 2 teaspoons of the cornstarch, then add the pork and stir to coat. Let it sit to marinade for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to the package directions, then drain.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat. Add the pork and cook until cooked through, stirring as needed. Remove the pork from the skillet to a bowl and wipe the skillet clean with a paper towel.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the skillet. When the oil is hot, add the green onion and garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for about a minute. Add the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds. Add the cabbage and the bell pepper and cook, stirring until the vegetables have started to soften, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir the pork back into the skillet, then the remaining sauce mixture. Bring it to a boil.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 2 teaspoons of cornstarch with about 1 tablespoon of water and whisk to combine. Pour into the skillet and stir until the mixture has started to thicken.
- Stir the drained noodles into the skillet and cook until everything is heated through and combined, 1-2 minutes.
- Before serving, squeeze fresh lime juice over the top. Serve topped with cilantro and crushed peanuts, if desired.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline. Nutrition information does not include any optional ingredients.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 473
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 1911 mg
- Fat: 27 g
- Saturated Fat: 7 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 27 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 26 g
- Cholesterol: 69 mg
Keywords: pork stir fry