These Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes have a soft peanut butter cupcake that is topped with peanut butter frosting and a dollop of jelly in the center. The perfect after school snack!
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup jelly or jam
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line standard muffins tins with paper liners.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Reduce speed to low. Mix in peanut butter.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until each is incorporated, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Gradually add flour mixture, being careful to not overmix.
- Mix in sour cream and peanuts.
- Divide batter evenly among lined cups.
- Bake until golden and cake tester comes out clean, about 15-22 minutes. Transfer tins to wire racks to cool completely before removing cupcakes.
- With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add salt and peanut butter and beat to combine.
- Beat in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, whisk cream until medium-stiff peaks form. Fold cream into peanut butter mixture.
- Spread frosting on top of each cupcake, leaving a small well in the middle.
- Dollop about 1 teaspoon of jelly into each well.
Cupcakes can be refrigerated up to 1 day in an airtight container; bring to room temperature before serving.