A simple meatless dinner idea, this Pasta with Pesto, Feta and Cherry Tomatoes is fast and inexpensive.
- 1 pound bow tie pasta
- 3/4 cup Pesto, recipe follows
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- salt and pepper
- olive oil, as needed
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Stir in the bow ties and cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain the pasta and run it under cold water just until it stops steaming. Bounce the pasta around to get rid of as much water as you can.
- Dump the pasta into a large serving bowl.
- Stir in the pesto until the pasta is coated.
- Toss in the cherry tomatoes and the crumbled feta.
- Taste the salad and season it as you like with salt and pepper.
You can make the salad up to about 1 hour before you serve it. Check out the salt and pepper just before you serve the salad. If it’s looking a little dry, add some olive oil and stir it around.