This easy Orzo with Italian Sausage and Peppers is a filling and quick meal – done in under 30 minutes! This is perfect for kids and adults!
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 8 oz orzo pasta
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 14 oz pork sausage, casings removed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 oz jar roasted red peppers, diced (about 2 peppers)
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine the chicken broth and water in a pot and bring to a boil. Add the orzo and cook until al dente. Drain, reserving the cooking liquid. Place the orzo in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a sauté pan. Add the sausage and cook, breaking it up as it cooks. Once browned and cooked through, add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds, then add the peppers and tomatoes. Continue to cook until warmed through, about 2 minutes.
- Pour the sausage mixture over the orzo and stir to mix. Add in parsley. Add some of the cooking liquid, if needed, to loosen the pasta. Serve topped with the Parmesan cheese.
Adapted from Giada’s Kitchen
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
- Calories: 511
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 1884 mg
- Fat: 20 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 11 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 53 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 30 g
- Cholesterol: 45 mg
Keywords: orzo recipes, Italian Sausage Recipes