Super soft and tender because of the addition of ricotta, these Lemon Muffins will quickly become a morning favorite! Perfect for brunch or for a weekend breakfast at home.
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, divided
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners. (Alternately, you can spray the cups with nonstick cooking spray.)
- Place 1 cup of sugar and the lemon zest in a large bowl. With your fingers, rub the sugar and zest together until the sugar is moist and fragrant.
- Add the butter to the bowl and beat with a hand mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in the ricotta, followed by the egg, lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt to the bowl. Stir until blended – the batter will be thick.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Bake the muffins in the preheated oven until they are golden and cooked through, 18-20 minutes.
- Cool slightly before serving.
Adapted from Food Network Favorites
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 249
- Sugar: 19 g
- Sodium: 145 mg
- Fat: 11 g
- Saturated Fat: 7 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 34 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 48 mg
Keywords: lemon muffins, ricotta muffins