Cut into this pumpkin bread to reveal the wonderful cream cheese filling! This Cream Cheese Pumpkin Bread Recipe is the perfect loaf for fall baking.
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Cream Cheese Filling:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, milk and oil. Add the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder and salt and mix just until combined.
- In another bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the egg, sugar and flour and mix until combined.
- Pour half of the pumpkin batter into the prepared baking dish. Carefully drop the cream cheese mixture over the pumpkin batter by the spoonful. Use an offset spatula to carefully spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the batter. Carefully pour the remaining pumpkin batter over the top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Place the loaf in the oven and bake until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 60-80 minutes. If the bread starts to get too brown, place a piece of foil over the top.
- Let the bread cool for 5-10 minutes, then carefully remove from the loaf pan. Let the bread cool completely on a wire rack before serving.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
- Calories: 339
- Sugar: 27 g
- Sodium: 288 mg
- Fat: 13 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 50 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Cholesterol: 77 mg