Hoisin Beef with Vegetables – an easy beef stir fry with hoisin sauce and lots of vegetables.
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic – to taste – minced
- 1 tablespoon peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless lean sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups fresh broccoli
- In a small bowl, whisk together the broth, hoisin, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and ginger and stir fry for 1 minute. Add the steak and stir-fry until browned on all sides, about 4-5 minutes. Add the vegetables and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add the broth mixture to the skillet, bring to a simmer, and simmer until the sauce thickens and the vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
adapted from Quick Fix Meals
Keywords: hoisin beef