Fresh green beans are dressed up with prosciutto and gouda for a delicious side dish.
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- salt and pepper as needed
- 7 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 lb. green beans, ends trimmed
- ¼ lb. prosciutto, thinly sliced
- ¼ lb. Gouda cheese, cut into sticks
- In a large bowl, combine the lemon juice, white wine vinegar and shallot. Season with salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in 6 tablespoons of the olive oil. Set aside.
- Prepare an ice bath in a large bowl.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook until they are bright green and just tender, about 3 minutes. Drain the green beans and add to the ice bath to stop the cooking. Drain well.
- Add the green beans to the bowl with the dressing and toss to coat. Let the green beans marinate for 10 minutes.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in a sauté pan. Add the prosciutto and cook until it frizzles, about 2 minutes.
- Add the prosciutto and the gouda to the green beans and toss to combine them all. Season with more salt and pepper, if necessary.
- Serve at room temperature.