A shortbread base is topped with a creamy blackberry layer and then a streusel top in these Blackberry Pie Bars that you won’t be able to keep your hands out of!
Crust & Topping
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups chlled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 2 (16-ounce) packages frozen blackberries, defrosted and drained (fresh berries can be substituted)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- To make the crust: In a food processor, combine the flour, sugar and salt and pulse to combine. Add the butter and continue to pulse, just until the mixture comes together but is still crumbly.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups of the crust for the topping. Press the remaining mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, then allow to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- To make the filling: Whisk together the eggs and the sugar. Stir in the sour cream, flour and salt. Gently fold in the blackberries. Spread the mixture over the crust, and sprinkle the reserved crumbs over the top.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until the crust is lightly browned. Cool for at least one hour before cutting into bars.
recipe source: The Pastry Queen