Fresh strawberries and cinnamon are the stars in this Easy Strawberry Bread. A great way to take advantage of strawberry season!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups diced strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Spray loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Stir in the vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla. The batter will be thick. Stir in the strawberries.
- Place the batter in the prepared pans. Bake until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean – 35-45 minutes for small loaf pans or about 60 minutes for large loaf pans. Cool the loaves in the pans for 10-15 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
adapted from The Reluctant Entertainer